120-Unit Apartment Near U Of M Evacuated Due To CO Leak

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minneapolis firefighters evacuated an apartment building near the University of Minnesota due to a carbon monoxide leak Thursday morning.

Fire officials say the CO leak was reported around 9 a.m. in the 120-unit apartment building located at 820 Washington Ave. SE. Two main level restaurants were also evacuated.

Firefighters found carbon monoxide throughout the building.

Related: Information on Carbon Monoxide

Officials say that Xcel Energy workers found the source. They say it seems to have come from the Noodles & Company. The fans that normally ventilate were shut off, causing a small build up.

As of noon Thursday, Xcel was still ventilating the building.

There were no victims.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Pulling Together
Excellent Educator

Listen Live