Couple Found Dead Of Apparent CO In NE Minnesota

BROOKSTON, Minn. (AP) — Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning apparently killed a Cloquet couple who were found dead in northeastern Minnesota.

The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office says emergency responders were called to the camper Saturday morning and discovered 65-year-old Pamela Smith and 67-year-old Richard Smith unconscious in their camper. The camper was in the Brookston area.

Attempts to revive the couple failed. Both were declared dead at the scene.

Authorities say the gas apparently came from a generator that was improperly placed in an unvented storage cabinet below the camper’s living space.

A carbon monoxide detector was sounding when responders arrived.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Pulling Together
Excellent Educator
Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE