Latest Minnesota Blogs
Clocking in at under an hour, An Arctic Space Odyssey traces the story of a group of men who worked for a year on a satellite station on an island that could be considered the […]
Every Friday, Mike Augustyniak picks up a new cocktail recipe from a local mixologist. Throughout April, Mike’s picking up some elegant recipes from the Loring neighborhood’s esteemed Café & Bar Lurcat. This week’s selection is a gin cocktail that should please even those who think gin is not for them.
The Electric Fetus says it’s “going to be a bigger line-up of in-store performances than ever” when the store celebrates Record Store Day Saturday. In its seventh year, Record Store Day features exclusive releases only available at indie record stores, in-store performances from many local artists, giveaways, local food trucks and more.
What makes Ilo Ilo more than just another family drama is the nuance with which writer/director Anthony Chen builds his characters. While each one appears based on a stereotype (the commanding mother, the shy maid, the troublesome son), they also have certain flaws or attributes that make them, as individuals, appear much more human than the usual fare that alights in family dramas, which are so fatally prone to melodrama.
That’s not Thom Yorke on the, ahem, “Motion Picture Soundtrack” for How to Disappear Completely. It’s the spare, oddly dispassionate beats of Eyedress, which lace Raya Martin’s dark and foreboding mystery with an aura of […]
- Wild Blog: Previewing The Playoffs Vs. Colorado 04/16/2014
- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 13: ‘The Dog’ 04/15/2014
- Curiocity: Cook St. Paul Wants To Be The Neighborhood Diner 04/15/2014
- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 12: ‘Manakamana’ 04/14/2014
- Curiocity: Cajun 2 Geaux To Open Circle Pines Restaurant 04/14/2014
- Movie Blog: This Week’s Best Bets 04/14/2014
- Local Music Tap: Como Zoo’s ‘Groovin’ In The Park’ Lineup Announced 04/13/2014
- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 11: ‘The Last Of The Unjust’ 04/13/2014
- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 10: ‘Google And The World Brain’ 04/12/2014