Latest Minnesota Blogs
Twenty years ago, we were introduced to characters like Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez, Smalls, Squints, Ham and Yeah-Yeah. They were far from a pack of superheroes; just neighborhood kids trying to stay out of trouble while playing baseball.
Do yourself a favor. Take a drive down westbound Franklin Avenue, past Lake of the Isles and turn left. Nestled between Cedar Lake and Lake of the Isles, you’ll find Chef Don Saunders’ newest concept, The Kenwood.
Midnight’s Children, the film that comes out this Friday, falters precisely where it needed to succeed — in its magic-making. The switch from the page to the screen harms its multi-generational, twist-laden story, because (a) the performances are lackluster and (b) every utterance of abracadabra is followed by a lukewarm display of movie magic.
They may not be as ‘twisted’ in name as they used to be but one thing’s certainly for sure — this truck will put an end to your hunger.
J.J. Abrams’ “Star Trek” neo-franchise should have any fan of the classic Gene Roddenberry series feeling (or, if you’re a Vulcan, thinking) conflicted.
If there’s one person that’s critical about the work that Chef Isaac Becker has done over the years, it’s probably Isaac Becker. The James Beard Award winning owner of 112 Eatery, Bar La Grassa and Burch seems like he’d have plenty to gloat about but he said he’s a bit more “glass half empty” about his success.
- Movie Blog: This Week’s Best Bets 2013/05/14
- Twins Blog: Aaron Hicks Has A Night 2013/05/14
- Curiocity: Q&A With Rock Of Ages Cast Member 2013/05/13
- Beyond Bounds: Tyler Hanson’s 89 MPH Arm Headed To The U 2013/05/11
- Esme’s Blog: Gay Marriage – What A Difference A Year Makes? 2013/05/11
- Movie Blog: ‘In The House’ Review 2013/05/10
- Movie Blog: ‘Great Gatsby’ Doesn’t Flirt With Disaster Enough 2013/05/10
- Tommies Blog: St. Thomas Football Introduces 2013 Class 2013/05/10
- Beyond Bounds: ‘Getting Invited To Vikings Camp Was A Dream’ 2013/05/09