Latest Minnesota Blogs
If you see an enormous pack of dogs roaming Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis Friday night, have no fear. We have not begun descent into a post-apocalyptic, Cormac McCarthy-like reality. It’s just a good ol’ fashioned doggy parade, y’all! The Northeast Dog Parade is a chance for pooches to get the fanfare they deserve.
One of the most iconic figures in Minnesota has to be Paul Bunyan and his Blue Ox, Babe. How exactly Bunyan came into popularity isn’t clear, although some think that the stories originated in the early 1900s at a Wisconsin logging camp, while others point to early 1800s Canada. It’s not clear if there was an actual person who later became the mythic version of Bunyan, or if this was campfire lore turned into advertising. But variations exist in many parts of the country, and each tale seems taller than the next:
Minne Fest is returning for its second year this weekend in Minneapolis. Now, it features two days of music and a new location. The event – hosted by MJG Productions — is meant to promote local music, art, businesses and projects all while raising money for Cancer Kids Fund at Children’s Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota.
Let me share my blueberry picking struggles from this past Saturday. Don’t worry, it isn’t too dramatic or long, but it was a good reminder of how flexible one needs to be when seeking out seasonal produce.
Few shows need less introduction than “My Fair Lady.” Small wonder few seats are available at the Guthrie Theater, where British actress Helen Anker is charming Higgins and crowds alike as the effervescent Eliza Doolittle. WCCO had the chance to speak with Anker. Here are some excerpts.
- Movie Blog: ‘Hellion’ Review 07/18/2014
- Wander Minnesota: The Charles A. Lindbergh Historic Site 07/16/2014
- Twins Blog: Former Twins In The All-Star Game 07/16/2014
- Movie Blog: This Week’s Best Bets 07/15/2014
- Bite Of Minnesota: U of M Dairy Salesroom 07/15/2014
- Twins Blog: Home Run Derby 07/14/2014
- Twins Blog: ASG Futures Game 07/13/2014
- Twins Blog: Days of All-Star Game Past 07/13/2014
- Twins Blog: Catching Up With Morneau 07/12/2014