Latest Minnesota Politics
Minnesota Democrats are making a late push on a bill to raise the state’s minimum wage. A House-Senate conference committee is set to meet Monday morning for the first — and maybe only — time. Both chambers are run by Democrats.
More hearings are scheduled in Washington this week as Members of Congress continue investigating the IRS targeting of conservative and Tea Party groups.
The Legislature has sent Gov. Mark Dayton a school funding bill that boosts education spending in a number of areas.
The final pieces of Minnesota’s next two-year, $38 billion budget were falling into place Sunday as state lawmakers clocked long hours and held a succession of late-night debates at the Capitol.
Gov. Mark Dayton is asking the state Senate to reject the confirmation of a Minnesota Tax Court judge who is facing suspension and censure. The Senate Taxes Committee voted Sunday to reject the confirmation of Judge George Perez. Dayton wants the full Senate to follow suit.
Top Minnesota lawmakers are searching for a way to assemble a slimmed-down construction projects bill that would include renovation funding for the state Capitol.
- Minn. Lawmakers Take Budget Debate Down To Wire 2013/05/19
- Lawmakers Debate Until Early Sunday On Daycare, Education 2013/05/19
- Minn. Tax Bill Includes Cap On Property Tax Hikes 2013/05/19
- Minn. Legislature Approves Care Worker Pay Hikes 2013/05/18
- Esme’s Blog: Is The IRS Corrupt Or Incompetent? 2013/05/18
- Late-Feb. Start Planned For Minn. Lawmakers In ’14 2013/05/18
- Minn. House Backs Nursing Home Pay Hike 2013/05/18
- Minnesota House Defeats Construction Projects Bill 2013/05/17
- Minnesota Senate Backs ‘U’ & MNSCU Tuition Freezes 2013/05/17
- Local Music Tap: Part-Time Musicians ‘Get On The Grid’ May 20, 2013
- Beyond Bounds: Becky Culp Could Take Home An NCAA Crown May 18, 2013
- Esme’s Blog: Is The IRS Corrupt Or Incompetent? May 18, 2013
- Curiocity Review: ‘Rock Of Ages’ Musical Not For All Ages, But Rocks May 18, 2013
- Twins Blog: ‘The Sandlot’ May 17, 2013
- Wander Minnesota Amy Rea helps you discover great things across the state.
- Bite Of Minnesota Crystal Grobe brings the excitement of fresh and local to your kitchen.
- Good Life For Less Alison Lorge loves getting a good deal — and so should you!
- Movie Blog Our movie crew reviews new blockbusters, indies and cult classics.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.