Latest Tournament News
- NSIC Foes Meet For 1st Time This Year, In Playoffs Two Northern Sun conference foes will play for the first time this year — in the NCAA Division II playoffs.
- MSU Gets Going In NCAA D2 Playoffs Minnesota State kicks off its NCAA championship pursuit this weekend.
- Minneapolis Makes Final Bid For Final Four Minneapolis made its final pitch Tuesday to host an upcoming NCAA Final Four. The steering committee for Minneapolis' bid made a one-hour presentation to the NCAA men's basketball committee in Indianapolis. Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority...
- Rising Star: Kentucky Guard James Young Young scored 20 points for Kentucky last night, twice as many as the next highest-scoring Wildcat, in a 60-54 loss to Connecticut. This was Young's ninth 20-plus point game and he led Kentucky with 17 in the Final Four win over Wisconsin.
- Five Things: UConn’s Defense, Foul Shooting Fuel Championship Last night, the Huskies cut down the nets in Dallas after beating Kentucky 60-54 to win the school's fourth national championship. Consider that Kentucky needed four straight late escapes to reach the final and you get a sense for what kind of...
- Connecticut Wins NCAA Title, 60-54 Over Kentucky Shabazz Napier scored 22 points and Connecticut won its second NCAA title in four years, beating all those Kentucky freshmen 60-54 in the championship game Monday night.
- National Championship Matchup: #8 Kentucky Vs. #7 Connecticut No. 8-seeded Kentucky stunned No. 2-seeded Michigan in the Elite Eight and shut down Wisconsin’s Frank Kaminsky and the Badgers offense in the Final Four.