- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 17: ‘Dom Hemingway’ Director Q&A April 19, 2014
- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 16: ‘An Arctic Space Odyssey’ April 18, 2014
- Curiocity: Mike’s Mix — Cucumber Rouge April 18, 2014
- Local Music Tap: Record Store Day @ Electric Fetus April 17, 2014
- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 15: ‘ILO ILO’ April 17, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Latest Minnesota Tony Awards
It’s a pretty good barometer of Tony voting: The Outer Critics Circle Awards.
Even as I sat in my seat, moments before the lights were about to dim, I still had my doubts. A musical about mental illness? Music and dancing and depression? What was I about to get myself into?
This time, the ceremony honoring the best on Broadway will be at the Beacon Theater after several years at Radio City Music Hall.
A funny thing happened on the way to the Tony nominations this year: Several guys known for being funny were not nominated.
Why Frances McDormand should take the winning statue.
The best revival of a musical is between just two venerable shows: the old-timey pleasures of the Cole Porter-packed Anything Goes versus the over-rehearsed self-conscious How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
The big story out of the Tony nominations this year: 14 nominations for Book of Mormon, the outlandish yet traditional musical. It is perhaps a shoe-in for the most coveted Tony award.
“The Book of Mormon” nabbed a leading 14 Tony Award nominations earning the profane musical nods for best musical, best book of a musical, best original score, two leading actor spots and two featured actor nominations.
“The Book of Mormon” nabbed a leading 14 Tony Award nominations Tuesday morning, earning the profane musical nods for best musical, best book of a musical, best original score, two leading actor spots and two featured actor nominations.