- Movie Blog: ‘Bethlehem’ Review March 7, 2014
- Twins Blog: All-Star Bar Close March 7, 2014
- Movie Blog: Q&A With ‘Peabody’ Director Rob Minkoff March 7, 2014
- Movie Blog: Full List Of MSPIFF Titles Released March 7, 2014
- Curiocity: Mike’s Mix — Let It Rain March 7, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Latest Minnesota Traffic
Three days after some of the worst driving conditions in recent memory, plenty of people were still late to work, but the roads weren’t the culprit. The Northstar Commuter Rail line was once again delayed for commuters coming in from the northwest, with Monday morning delays of 60 to 90 minutes reported.
Last week’s storm was nasty by most Minnesotans’ standards, but road salt researchers at Minnesota State University in Mankato think it was perfect. Civil engineering professor Steve Druschel and two of his students went under a bridge to collect samples of murky road melt from the highway above.
The roads shouldn’t be as miserable around the Twin Cities as they were during Friday’s awful commute, but Monday may still bring with it a number of headaches. The good news is that most road conditions are better, but there are still some problem areas.
A fresh round of snow made for a tough Saturday afternoon on roads in the Twin Cities metro area. At Interstate 35 and 210th Street in Lakeville, there was a crash scene involving nearly a dozen vehicles. Several of them also slid into the median.
The City of St. Louis Park is making a request to residents to limit their on-street parking from now until the end of winter. The city said that the amount of snow currently on the ground makes it difficult for firefighters, police officers, and drivers of buses and plows to navigate through the streets if people are also parked there.
- Snowmobiler Dies After Crashing In Chaska 02/04/2014
- Man, 34, Killed In Snowmobile Crash 02/04/2014
- Semi Driver Struck, Killed By Train In Grant County 01/29/2014
- Fatal Rollover Crash On Highway 280 01/28/2014
- Some Major Highways Reopening In Minnesota 01/27/2014
- Otsego Woman Killed In Spin-Out Crash 01/24/2014
- Minnesota Transportation Group Pushes For Road Money 01/23/2014
- LRT Line Between Twin Cities Opens June 14 01/22/2014
- Following Snow Emergencies, Cars End Up Impounded 01/15/2014