The Minnesota House has scheduled a vote for Thursday on the bill that would legalize same sex marriage.
Minnesota House Democrats this week voted to raise the excise tax on beer, claiming it will raise the price only 7 cents a bottle.
There’s a lot of revisionist history going on at the Capitol about those pulltab revenue projections — numbers that Gov. Mark Dayton says no one knew were wildly inflated.
A Minnesota House committee will vote Thursday night on a watered down version of a gun bill that includes background checks for gun show sales. It’s far less than gun safety advocates had hoped, but the pull-back from tougher gun laws is not uncommon.
Governor Mark Dayton says Minnesota lawmakers don’t get paid enough. The governor is supporting a recommendation from the State Compensation Council to raise lawmaker pay in 2015.
Minnesotans could suffer from those budget cuts too. Some over time, and some right away.
A national anti-gay marriage group has put a bounty on the heads of Minnesota Republicans.
Less than 24 hours after the President Barack Obama proposed raising the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour, Minnesota Democratic lawmakers unveiled a plan of their own to raise state pay for low income workers to $9.50.
Even though Minnesota’s sales tax is high, it takes in a less money than other states with similar tax rates.
Hundreds of people visit the State Capitol every day. What’s impossible to know is how many are carrying a concealed weapon.
Like all 50 states, Minnesota gun dealers are required to do a background check on weapons purchases.
It doesn’t seem to be quite the deal that any politician in Washington wanted, but Congress and President Barack Obama did manage to steer the country away from the fiscal cliff.
In Minnesota, guns are banned on all school properties — public or private, across all grade levels.
The Minneapolis-St. Paul International (MSP) airport is considering electronic pull tab games as a way to help the state pay for its share of a new Minnesota Vikings stadium.
Minnesota’s Democratic leaders don’t want anyone to think the 2013 Legislature is not going to vote on legalizing gay marriage.
Reality Check Videos
- Bite Of Minnesota Crystal Grobe brings the excitement of fresh and local to your kitchen.
- Wander Minnesota Amy Rea helps you discover great things across the state.
- Curiocity From new restaurants to the arts, Sara Boyd rediscovers the city.
- Movie Blog Our movie crew reviews new blockbusters, indies and cult classics.
- Good Life For Less Alison Lorge loves getting a good deal — and so should you!
- Mike Lynch's Video Blog A little weather, a little stargazing and a few bad jokes.
- Esme's Blog Esme Murphy writes about politics and who’s who in Minnesota.
- DeBlog Good Questions, good conversations. That’s DeBlog.
- Weather Blog Lifestyle weather, from the WCCO weather team.
- Tommies Blog Jeff Wald covers all the angles of the St. Thomas football season.
- Coffee Blog Holly Wagner and Joel Cam take a coffee break every week.