- Movie Blog: This Week’s Best Bets December 9, 2013
- Local Music Tap: ‘Shaun Johnson Big Band Experience’ Album Review December 9, 2013
- Weather Blog: Arctic Cold And Snow Join Forces December 8, 2013
- Prep Blog: Looking Back At The Prep Bowl December 7, 2013
Latest Minnesota Water Cooler
The Fender Stratocaster that Bob Dylan plugged in when he famously went electric at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival sold Friday for nearly $1 million — the highest price ever paid for a guitar at auction. Christie’s auction house did not immediately identify the absentee buyer who agreed to pay $965,000 for the sunburst-finish guitar.
A cast of Minnesota beer enthusiasts has a frosty ambition: To stage the largest snowball fight ever. The group started to nurture the state’s craft brewing industry announced the goal Wednesday and hopes to achieve it during the Beer Dabbler Winter Carnival on Jan. 25 at the state fairgrounds.
The University of Minnesota is ranked first in the nation. Unfortunately, that ranking is not for academics, but for people cheating on their significant other. The claim comes from a new survey conducted by Ashley Madison, the website intended for those looking to find affairs or cheating partners.
French authorities have filed preliminary charges against Bob Dylan over a 2012 interview in which he is quoted comparing Croatians to Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan. The charges of “public insult and inciting hate” were filed against the musician in mid-November.
Tuesday is the day for a Minnesota man who has set his sights on a world record with a holiday twist. Jim Brickson, captain of the Albert Lea Salvation Army, plans to be bell-ringing for no less than 80 consecutive hours at the Northbridge Mall in Albert Lea.
- Man Who Tossed $1,000 At MOA Tells His Story 2013/12/01
- Man Cited After Tossing $1,000 Into MOA Rotunda 2013/11/30
- Touring Male Stripper Busted For Assault In St. Cloud 2013/11/26
- Wis. Battle Of Abortion-Themed License Plates Continues 2013/11/26
- Locally Laid Egg Co. Gunning For Super Bowl Berth 2013/11/25
- St. Cloud: Keep Your Couches Inside, Please 2013/11/19
- Police: Man Assaults St. Cloud Hospital Worker 2013/11/16
- Late-Night Wis. Session Gets Downright Goofy 2013/11/15
- New WTC Tops Chicago’s Willis Tower As Tallest In U.S. 2013/11/12