- Wild Blog: The Wall That Is Devan Dubnyk March 26, 2015
- Bite Of Minnesota: Spicy Brussels Sprouts March 24, 2015
- MNfusion: Q&A With Illusionists’ Anti-Conjuror Dan Sperry March 24, 2015
- Dark Knight Director Christopher Nolan To Speak At The Walker March 24, 2015
- Movie Blog: This Week’s Best Bets March 23, 2015
Latest Minnesota Weather
The snow fell fast and furious Sunday evening — especially in south Twin Cities metro area, where a widespread 6 to 10 inches of heavy, wet snow accumulated across Carver, Scott and Dakota counties. The highest event total came from nearby Goodhue County, with 12.3 inches of snow in Zumbrota.
After an anemic season for snow, a spring storm dumped more than a foot of it on parts of Minnesota, forcing some schools to close.
After weeks of spring-like weather, Minnesotans got another shot of winter Sunday afternoon. It arrived a little later than expected, but heavy snow hit central and southern Minnesota, making travel difficult on several highways.
Above-average temperatures are expected to accompany the start of spring in the Twin Cities, though those conditions aren’t expected to last through the weekend. There will be peeks of sunshine Friday along with highs in the mid-50s, according to meteorologist Matt Brickman.
Most of Minnesota is now officially in drought. Thursday’s update from the U.S. Drought Monitor shows that 88 percent of Minnesota is in a moderate drought. That’s a huge jump from just 5 percent last week.
- Minn. Syrup Producers Worried About Warmer Weather 03/18/2015
- Lauren’s Science Corner: Aurora Edition 03/18/2015
- Record-Tying Warmth Forecasted For Top 10 Weather Day 03/15/2015
- Early Spring Means Business For Food Trucks, Nice Ride Bikes 03/12/2015
- Lawn Care Tips For Our Early Warmup 03/11/2015
- Driving On Lakes Perilous As Ice Thins 03/11/2015
- Ready For Another #Top10WxDay? Thursday’s Bringing It! 03/11/2015
- Twin Cities Takes Advantage Of #Top10WxDay 03/10/2015
- Warm Weather Provides Boost To Local Businesses 03/09/2015
- Outdoor Workers Welcome Warmer Weather 03/09/2015
- Get Ready For A #Top10WxDay Tuesday! 03/09/2015
- Can We Finally Wave Goodbye To Subzero Temperatures? 03/05/2015
- Lauren’s Science Corner: Beware The Pizzly! 03/04/2015
- Wednesday Brings Bitter Cold, Heat Wave May Arrive Next Week 03/04/2015
- Hutchinson’s Blizzard Conditions Challenge Drivers, Delight Youngsters 03/03/2015
- Does This Year Rank Among Our Top 10 Least Snowy Winters? 03/03/2015
- Snow Storm Moves Through Minn., Followed By High Winds 03/03/2015
- Snow, Strong Winds Headed Toward Minnesota 03/02/2015
- Twin Cities Crew Says Boston Ice Dams ‘Showed Up’ Minn. 03/02/2015