Latest Minnesota Weather
WCCO Meteorologist Mike Augustyniak says our Monday will start out with sun and it will definitely feel steamy with dew points in the low to middle 60s. That sets up the potential for storms to develop late Monday afternoon and into the early evening hours.
A year after historic rainfall devastated a small Minnesota town, the recovery still isn’t complete. And now, the town is losing one of its last remaining businesses. Torrential rains washed away the roads leading into Blakeley Township in Scott County last June.
Strong winds and storms moved across the southern and central parts of Minnesota on Monday, felling trees and damaging buildings. WCCO meteorologist Lauren Casey said that the highest recorded wind gusts were 76 mph in Jackson, and 74 mph in Worthington.
Longtime WCCO weatherman Bud Kraehling will be remembered this weekend during a public celebration.
The tornado that tore through the town of Wadena in 2010 left 4,000 community members working tirelessly to clean up the extensive damage. From the air, it looked like a war zone. Homes were flattened; a church was destroyed; school buses were covered in debris from all that was left of Wadena Deer Creek High School.
- Forecasters Says Flash Flooding Is Possible With Heavy Rain 06/11/2015
- Weather Watcher Profile: Meet One Of Our Youngest Watchers 06/10/2015
- Xcel Energy: About 7K Twin Cities Residents Without Power Tuesday 06/09/2015
- Highs Hit 90s In Minnesota 06/09/2015
- Lauren’s Science Corner: Circumhorizontal Arc 06/06/2015
- Drought’s Over In Twin Cities, But Third Of MN Still ‘Abnormally Dry’ 06/04/2015
- Minnesotans Hit Parks, Lakes, Patios & Rooftops For #Top10WxDay 05/22/2015
- Weather Watcher Profile: Countin’ On Dustin Johnson 05/20/2015
- Patience, Dear Minnesotans, Warmth Is Coming Back 05/18/2015
- More Severe Weather, Snow On The Way 05/17/2015
- Tornado Touchdowns Reported In Western Minnesota 05/16/2015
- Assessment Crews Respond To Iowa Town Hit By Tornado 05/11/2015
- Black Hills See A Foot Of Snow, Flakes To Fall In Northern Minn. 05/10/2015
- 50 Years Ago: Tornadoes Storm Through Twin Cities 05/06/2015
- Web Extra: WCCO Radio Archives Of 1965 Tornadoes 05/05/2015
- Following Hail Storm, Contractors Rush To Damaged Neighborhoods 05/04/2015
- High Winds Hitting 6 States, Including Minnesota 04/21/2015
- Good Question: What’s The Windiest Month In Minnesota? 04/20/2015
- Good Weather Boosts Minnesota Small Grain Planting 04/20/2015