- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 14: ‘How To Disappear Completely’ April 16, 2014
- Wild Blog: Previewing The Playoffs Vs. Colorado April 16, 2014
- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 13: ‘The Dog’ April 15, 2014
- Curiocity: Cook St. Paul Wants To Be The Neighborhood Diner April 15, 2014
- Movie Blog @ MSPIFF, Day 12: ‘Manakamana’ April 14, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Latest Minnesota Weather
A snowstorm of record-breaking proportions is predicted to mess up the Friday morning commute in the Twin Cities. Forecasters say a mix of precipitation is expected to turn over to heavy snow after midnight Thursday and leave as much as a foot of snow in the Twin Cities by midmorning.
A winter storm centered in central Nebraska is expected to cause some significant snowfall in Minnesota by early Wednesday morning.
Well, that was unpleasant. This morning’s mix of wintery precipitation prompted a round of “what is this stuff falling from the sky?” on Twitter and Facebook … and it’s a good question.
One Wisconsin town among the many dealing with frozen waterways and clogged drains because melted snow has no place to go has tried an explosive new approach: blowing up a creek. Town of Onalaska officials hired a blaster to stick several hundred sticks of plastic explosives in the frozen Sand Lake Coulee Creek and blow it up on Friday.
Lake Michigan’s ice cover has set a record. The federal government’s Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory in Ann Arbor reports that ice spread across 93.29 percent of the lake’s surface area on Saturday.
- Weather Blog: Lake Ice Cometh! 03/11/2014
- Red River Flood Outlook Continues To Look Positive 03/06/2014
- With Warmer Temperatures Comes Hope For Spring 03/05/2014
- Good Question ‘Reply All’: Birds, Colds & Calendars 02/28/2014
- Winter-Weary Americans Plead: Get Me Out Of Here! 02/28/2014
- Unseasonably Cold Temperatures Envelop State 02/27/2014
- Monday A.M. Commute Could Bring More Headaches 02/24/2014
- Ice Caves Reopen On Lake Superior 02/24/2014
- Dayton Issues Emergency Order After Snowstorm 02/21/2014