Donating your airline miles is one simple way you can help grant a life-changing Make-A-Wish experience to a child with a life-threatening medical condition. That’s why WCCO-TV, NewsRadio 830 WCCO and Make-A-Wish Minnesota are teaming up for the 3rd Annual WCCO Wishes in Flight Airline Miles Drive on March 2.
- It takes nearly 75 million miles annually to send Minnesota wish children on their wish trips.
- 75% of wishes granted for Minnesota kids involve travel.
- 50,000 miles are needed for one domestic round trip ticket.
- 100,000 miles are needed for one international round trip ticket.
WHAT: WCCO viewers will get the opportunity to donate airline miles that can help grant a life-changing wish experience.
WHEN: Tune into WCCO from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. on March 2
HOW TO DONATE: Call the phone bank number on the day of the drive (1-800-542-9226) or click here to donate online.
By donating your airline miles to Make-A-Wish Minnesota, you’re giving wishes of hundreds of local children the wings to fly. Donated miles never expire for Make-A-Wish.
We can accept mileage donations from the following airlines:
- Delta Air Lines
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Jet Blue Airlines
- Continental OnePass miles now accepted under the United Mileage Plus program
- Make-A-Wish Minnesota also accepts Sun Country Ufly points
• You will need to have your mileage account number ready. You can call your airline to find out your account number before calling us.
• If you don’t know how many miles you have, that’s okay. You can simply tell us the amount you would like to donate – or call the airline to find out your account balance.
• Have a question? Volunteers will be waiting at our phone lines on March 2 to walk you through the process and help you with any questions you may have.