Lawyer To Release Files On 5 More Priests Accused Of AbuseAn attorney who represents a significant group of people who have filed bankruptcy claims against the Twin Cities Archdiocese plans to release files on five priests accused of sexually abusing minors. Jeff Anderson said the files pertain to priests connected with St. John's Abbey were obtained as part of the Troy Bramlage settlement earlier in 2015.
Victim Advocates Decry Milwaukee Archdiocese Settlement PlanThe Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Milwaukee would pay $21 million to more than 300 victims of clergy abuse in a settlement plan decried by advocates for those abused by clergy as paltry but praised by the archbishop as a "rebirth."
Milwaukee Archdiocese Settles For $21 MillionThe Milwaukee archdiocese has agreed to a $21 million settlement with victims of clergy abuse.
Former Archdiocese Employee Files Claim In Bankruptcy CourtA former employee of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis who went public with concerns that clergy sex abuse cases were being mishandled has filed a claim in bankruptcy court.
Judge Won't Extend Deadline For Minnesota Archdiocese ClaimsA federal bankruptcy judge has reaffirmed that victims of clergy sex abuse in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis must file their claims by Monday.
Questions, Answers On Minnesota Archdiocese Legal CaseMinnesota prosecutors have taken legal action against the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, accusing church leaders of failing to protect children from an abusive priest. The case includes criminal charges as well as a civil petition that asks the court to order the archdiocese to restrain from its alleged behavior. Some questions and answers about the case:
Archdiocese Of St. Paul & Minneapolis Files For BankruptcyThe Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis filed for bankruptcy protection on Friday, saying it's the best way for the church to get as many resources as possible to victims of clergy sexual abuse.
Twin Cities Archdiocese, Vatican Accused Of Destroying Priest Child Porn TapesThere are new allegations that the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis destroyed as many as five suspected child porn videos -- and that the Vatican knew what happened. This latest allegation involving the Twin Cities Catholic Church comes as a direct result of a landmark agreement between the church and victims. The agreement has resulted in more names of priests, suspected of sexual abuse against a minor, being released.
Twin Cities Archdiocese Slashes Budget, Cites Unexpected Legal FeesThe embattled Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has announced it will be slashing its budget by 20 percent. In a statement, the archdiocese says more than $5 million in cuts is due to unexpected legal fees.
Twin Cities Archdiocese Shaving $5M Off BudgetAfter a year filled with scrutiny and scandal, the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis says cuts are coming. The archdiocese will cut more than $5 million, or about 20 percent from its budget.
Judge Won't Dismiss Nuisance Claim Against Church A man who was sexually abused by a priest in 1976 can move forward with his claim that the St. Paul-Minneapolis Archdiocese created a public nuisance by failing to warn the public about a problem priest.