A Minnesota militia member facing weapons charges in what the FBI once called a “terror plot” is expected to plead guilty. Twenty-five-year-old Buford Braden Rogers was scheduled to go on trial next week on four counts, including charges related to possessing Molotov cocktails. Instead, a change of plea hearing is now set for Friday.
A Minnesota man charged in what the FBI has called a terror plot allegedly told authorities in May that he was not violent, and was using the Internet to investigate “bad” people. Twenty-five-year-old Buford Rogers is scheduled to go on trial next month on four counts, including possessing Molotov cocktails. He’s not charged with terrorism. Rogers made the comments in an FBI interview after he was arrested in May. A redacted transcript was unsealed Friday.
More details have been released in the case of what the FBI is calling a “foiled terror plot” in western Minnesota. Authorities say 24-year-old Buford Rogers was planning to bomb the Montevideo police station, attack a communications tower.
A western Minnesota man arrested earlier this month in what the FBI called a thwarted terror plot has been indicted, but not on any terror-related charges. A federal grand jury indicted Buford Rogers, 24, Tuesday on four counts, including possessing Molotov cocktails and a pipe bomb, but not terrorism.
A detention hearing has been postponed for a man accused in what the FBI is calling a thwarted terror plot in western Minnesota.
A detention hearing is scheduled for a man arrested in what the FBI is calling a thwarted terror plot in western Minnesota.
The FBI believes authorities disrupted a terrorism attack that was being planned in a small western Minnesota city when they arrested a man after converging on a mobile home that contained Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs and firearms, the agency said Monday.