Sheriff’s officials say carbon monoxide caused the death of a 27-year-old man in Meeker County. The Meeker County sheriff’s office identifies the victim as David Allen Harrison. A 21-year-old woman in the Greenleaf Township residence also suffered the effects of carbon monoxide
Sheriff’s officials say carbon monoxide likely caused the death of a 27-year-old man in Meeker County. A 21-year-old woman in the Greenleaf Township residence also suffered the effects of carbon monoxide, but survived.
Junior league hockey players sickened by an apparent carbon monoxide leak at a Wisconsin rink over the weekend are taking the day off from practice.
Two teenage siblings are expected to make a full recovery after being rescued from a camper where their sister and father died from high carbon monoxide levels. According to the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office, 14-year-old Noah Mechley and 15-year-old Karley Mechley are in stable condition at Hennepin County Medical Center Saturday.
Elevated carbon monoxide levels may be to blame in the death of a 39-year-old man and an 11-year-old girl in a fifth-wheel camper in Rice Lake Township, near Duluth, on Wednesday.
As Minnesotans turn their clocks back one hour this weekend, the state fire marshal is reminding citizens to also change their smoke alarm batteries. State Fire Marshal Bruce West says people die every year in homes where smoke alarms aren’t working properly, or aren’t there at all. Dead or missing batteries are the most common reasons that alarms fail.
Now that furnaces are clicking on around the city, the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning is going up. Just Saturday night, Burnsville firefighters say they got a call to an apartment complex and once there, they detected carbon monoxide in the air. The building was then evacuated.
A south Minneapolis apartment building was evacuated Thursday night due to elevated carbon monoxide levels. According to the Minneapolis Fire Department, 12 – 20 people were evacuated from the four-story building at 4400 Upton Ave. S.
Two people were found dead of possible carbon monoxide poisoning on Monday in Crookston, Minn., according to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
The illness that made 30 Springfield Public school students sick enough to go to the hospital Thursday was not caused by carbon monoxide, according to the Minnesota Department of Health. A group of fourth and fifth graders became sick while rehearsing for a choir concert. On Friday, school officials say all the students are fine, and health officials think the illness may have been caused by nerves. Bethany Mattson says she was never really worried about her fifth-grade daughter, who was rehearsing with her classmates Thursday morning in the school’s auditorium. But she can see why other parents may have felt differently.
Students were evacuated from a school in Springfield, Minn. Thursday morning after a number of people were sickened with what may have been carbon monoxide poisoning. The Springfield School District’s website confirmed that Springfield Public School was being closed for the day, and students were taken to a nearby community center. Third-grader Emma Pingeon says she witnessed some students vomiting during a morning practice for a choir concert.
A carbon monoxide leak forced several families out of a northeast Minneapolis apartment building. Ten people went to the hospital with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. No one is in serious or critical condition.
When it comes to boats and danger, you may think of drowning or crashing. But there’s another danger, a silent one.
Roger Wolfgram is lucky to have survived a propane explosion in September 2011 at his Wisconsin cabin.
School officials in Paynesville said Tuesday morning they will be releasing students at 11 a.m. Tuesday from the Paynesville Area Secondary School due to “air quality concerns.”
High carbon monoxide levels sickened several people and caused an evacuation at an ice arena in Duluth.
CenterPoint Energy is reminding homeowners to prevent exposure to carbon monoxide after a rash of CO-poisoning cases in the Twin Cities.
A number of new laws go into effect on Sunday as Minnesota enters a new year.
Minneapolis Fire officials said Friday it’s time to check your carbon monoxide detectors in your home as we head into winter. The Minneapolis Fire Department said it has responded to 19 calls of carbon monoxide after failed alarms over the past two months.
The American Red Cross said it is helping 4 adults and 5 children after a carbon monoxide leak at their Robbinsdale home.
Burnsville Fire Department officials are on the scene trying to figure out what has caused a series of small explosions underneath the street.
Sheriff’s investigators say carbon monoxide may have caused the death of a Minnesota man whose body was found in his cabin in western Wisconsin.
Authorities are investigating after a man died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning while in his fish house on Lake Elizabeth, near the city of Atwater.
Carbon Monoxide nearly killed them. Now for the first time, Tom and Nancy Nordeen are sharing how they survived.
Dozens of people had to leave a condo building in south Minneapolis overnight after high levels of carbon monoxide were found.