A family in the south metro will have to find a new place to stay after a fire burned their home early Saturday morning. The fire happened just after one this morning on the 100 block of Lyndale Avenue, according to the Bloomington Fire Department. Firefighters put the flames out quickly, and crews say the family made it out of the home safely.
A 25-year-old man who was rescued from a fast-moving fire in a St. Paul home Saturday morning has died from his injuries. Firefighters received report of a fire on the 1400 block of Van Buren Avenue in the Frogtown neighborhood just before 6 a.m., according to St. Paul Fire Marshall Steve Zaccard. Crews arrived within minutes, but the fire had already done extensive damage to the second floor.
Flames aren’t the only threat to Minnesota firefighters. The group ‘Minnesota Professional Fire Fighters’ joined lawmakers and health advocates at the Capitol Wednesday afternoon to talk about the dangers of toxic chemicals. The group wants stronger regulation of chemicals like flame retardants, which can cause cancer.
A mobile home was destroyed by flames Sunday morning in Lakeville. According to Fire Chief Mike Meyer, the initial report of the fire came in just after 6 a.m. on the 17000 block of Eureka Avenue. Firefighters found the home fully engulfed in flames
A growing number of deadly fires in Minneapolis have officials preaching safety. Since the beginning of the year, 10 people, including five children, have died in fires in Minneapolis. Fire Chief John Fruetel says it’s been more than 35 years since the fire department has seen this many deaths.
Firefighters rescued three people from a two-alarm fire at a Minneapolis group home Thursday evening. According to the Minneapolis Fire Department, crews responded to a report of a fire at 2524 Portland Ave. just after 7 p.m., where they found heavy smoke coming from the two-and-a-half-story group home. Crews extinguished fire in the attic, second floor and rear portion of the house.
The Minneapolis Arson Unit says the cause of Tuesday evening’s deadly house fire in north Minneapolis was accidental. Firefighters found two people dead in a bedroom 2940 Washburn Ave. N. after putting out a fire in the home’s living room. The arson unit says they found two possible ignition sources in the living room: smoking materials that may have ignited the cushions of a love seat, and an electrical source.
Two people were found dead by fire crews in a Minneapolis home early Tuesday evening. Firefighters responded to a report of a fire at a single-family home at 2940 Washburn Ave. N. just before 6:30 p.m. Crews entered the home and quickly put out a fire in the living room. While searching the house, firefighters found two people dead in a bedroom.
Dozens of firefighters from six agencies battled a blaze at a manufacturer in Crow Wing County. Fire officials say an early concern about the fire at Cross-Tech Manufacturing were propane tanks and other chemicals used in production of hydraulic rotary brush cutters. Firefighters from Crosslake, Fifty Lakes, Mission, Ideal and Pequot Lakes fought the fire
A nine-year-old girl is in good condition at Regions Hospital after being rescued from an apartment fire in St. Paul on Monday morning. The fire began around 10:45 a.m. in an illegal basement bedroom at 343 Maple Street, where there were no escape windows or smoke alarms, according to the St. Paul Fire Department. Firefighters found Nevaeh Sellers in the basement near a burning mattress. She was breathing when she was brought out of the building.
With all of the snow and subzero temperatures this winter, several of you have wondered about how firefighters are able to use the hydrants when they need them. Jeff from Plymouth and Carol from Eagan asked: How does the water in a fire hydrant not freeze? Roger from St. Paul wanted to know: Whose responsibility is it to keep the fire hydrants clear?
Firefighters in St. Paul rescued a 9-year-old girl Monday morning after a fire started in an illegal basement bedroom, officials say. Fire officials say crews were called to the fire on 343 Maple Street just before 11 a.m. When they arrived at the scene, everyone had escaped from the fire, except the 9-year-old girl.
A man who broke color barriers and led Minnesota in the Civil Rights Movement was remembered Saturday. Matthew Little, long-time president of the Minneapolis NAACP, passed away last Sunday after complications from pneumonia. He was 92. Hundreds of people gathered for a memorial service at Shiloh Temple in north Minneapolis.
A 58-year-old was burned and suffered smoke inhalation in a house fire late Wednesday afternoon in Eagan. At 4:33 p.m., the Eagan Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 2981 Lexington Avenue, according to city officials. Firefighters found the 58-year-old victim inside, who was taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. There was only one occupant in the home.
An early morning fire has destroyed a house in St. Paul, Minn. The homeowners were on vacation in Florida at the time. The fire was reported just before 6 a.m. Sunday morning.