14 Worms Pulled From Woman's Eye After Fly-Borne InfectionAn Oregon woman who had worms coming out of her eye is being called the first known human case of a parasitic infection spread by flies.
DNR: Sleepy Eye Moose Died From Brain WormThe moose that wandered hundreds of miles south to a Sleepy Eye couples' backyard in November died from a brain worm infection, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. A necropsy conducted at the University of Minnesota's veterinary laboratory determined that there were lesions in the moose's spinal cord and brain caused by a parasite.
Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should KnowParents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
CDC: Too Many Patients Get Infections In HospitalsA visit to the hospital is not always a prescription for getting well. A new government health report says more needs to be done to keep patients from getting infections while in the hospital.
Abused Puppy Found In Sub-Zero Temps On The MendA 4-month-old pit bull named Jarvis is on the road to recovery after being abused, then left out in extreme cold. Jarvis made his first public appearance Saturday since being rescued on Jan. 5. He was found outside on the sub-zero night by Minneapolis Animal Care and Control, covered with what appeared to be cigar burns and suffering from a facial infection. With the help of the local group Save-a-Bull Rescue, Jarvis' wounds were treated and he was taken in to a foster home.
If Your Dog Enjoys The Lake, Look For Signs Of Parasites We've all heard about the dog days of summer, when lake water starts to look like only your dog would swim in it. But it turns out there is a real threat to swimming dogs that is invisible. The Giardia parasite can be swallowed by dogs while they are swimming and playing in the water. If your dog has diarrhea after being in a lake or a river, visit your vet right away.
CDC Confirms Amoeba Caused MN Boy's DeathThe U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed the cause of a suspected amebic infection, that took the life of a 9-year-old boy.
What Can Infections Lead To? Doctors Issue WarningThe story made national headlines -- a college student in Georgia diagnosed with a flesh-eating bacteria that cost her a leg.
Police: Man Ran Illegal Tattoo Shop In HomeAuthorities say the man learned how to be a tattoo artist while in prison and was illegally operating a tattoo parlor out of his residence without a license.
Baby Formula Pulled From Walmart ShelvesWalmart has pulled all of the Enfamil Newborn Baby Formula from store shelves after the death of a newborn.
E. Coli Cases In 3 States Traced To HazelnutsMinnesota officials say recent cases of E. coli infection in three states are linked to eating in-shell hazelnuts, also known as filberts.