A man was taken to the hospital after being exposed to hazardous chemicals at his apartment in Minneapolis’ Marcy-Holmes neighborhood Friday morning. Minneapolis Police say the apartment, on the 500 block of 6th Street Southeast, was evacuated due to the possible hazardous materials.
The Holidazzle Village is back open Tuesday after a water main break closed the village on Monday. But that’s not the only fix they’ve had to make since opening a few weeks ago. The Holidazzle Village is drawing crowds of people into downtown Minneapolis, according to Leah Wong from the Minneapolis Downtown Council. “Weekend attendance is amazing and we’re seeing a nice flow throughout the week as well,” Wong said.
People living in Rogers are being warned about a water main break in the city, according to officials. The break was so severe that Rogers’ water system experienced a dramatic draw down, draining the city’s four water towers in the process. The source of the leak, located by a Minnesota State Patrol helicopter, was a holding pond behind Camping World at 21200 Rogers Drive.
A carbon monoxide leak forced several families out of a northeast Minneapolis apartment building. Ten people went to the hospital with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. No one is in serious or critical condition.
The Minnesota Department of Health says it will suspend most lab operations for at least two days after a heating system failure caused an estimated $1 million or more in damage. The department says the system failed early Monday, causing some building systems to freeze and water to leak on several floors. Health officials said they would decide sometime Tuesday how quickly they can resume operations.
No wading, no swimming and no fishing — authorities want people to stay out of a four-mile stretch of the Mississippi River.
A leak in a sewer pipe in Fridley that runs along the banks of the Mississippi River and was sending approximately 500 to 1,000 gallons of sewage into the river per minute at around 2 p.m. Thursday, officials said.
Police say a copper wire theft from an abandoned house caused a gas leak Saturday afternoon that forced people to evacuate surrounding homes for hours.
Homes are being evacuated in an Edina neighborhood after a natural gas leak Thursday afternoon, according to Edina officials.
Honda Motor Co. says it plans to recall an undetermined number of vehicles because of brake fluid leaks that could lead to weaker braking power, the same issue that led Toyota Motor Corp. to recall 1.5 million vehicles.
Lou the Handyman on how to fix BP’s problem