Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
A 9-year-old who eluded airport security and stowed away on a flight from Minneapolis to Las Vegas should live away from his parents for now while he and his family get therapy and other services, a judge ruled Wednesday.
A Child in Need of Protection or Services petition was filed in Hennepin County Juvenile Court Friday, regarding the 9-year-old boy who managed to fly to Las Vegas without a boarding ticket.
The father of the 9-year-old north Minneapolis boy who snuck onto a plane to Las Vegas without a boarding pass was emotional as he talked about the problems he knows his son has and his failed attempts to find help.
The father of the 9-year-old boy who stowed away on a flight to Las Vegas is now speaking out, as his son is reportedly on his way back to Minnesota. The father did not want his name or face revealed, because his son is a minor, and according to a CNN source, the boy was being returned “because the jurisdiction where the boy is from is where issues will be addressed.”
Authorities are investigating how a 9-year-old Minneapolis boy flew to Vegas by himself without a boarding pass. The incident happened last Thursday at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
A 9-year-old Minneapolis boy was able to get through security and onto a plane at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport without a ticket, an airport spokesman said Sunday. Security officials screened the boy at airport shortly after 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Metropolitan Airports Commission spokesman Patrick Hogan said. The boy then boarded Delta Flight 1651, which left for Las Vegas at 11:15 a.m. The flight was not full, Hogan said, and the flight crew became suspicious midflight because the boy was not on their list of unattended minors. The crew contacted Las Vegas police, who met them upon landing and transferred the boy to child protection services, Hogan said.
A former worker at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport was sentenced Thursday to two years and two months in prison after he pleaded guilty to stealing shotguns, revolvers and other weapons from the checked luggage of passengers who had connecting flights through the busy Twin Cities airport.
A man accused of slapping a crying toddler on a jet is set to go on trial this week. Joe Rickey Hundley faces a misdemeanor simple assault charge in the February incident, and his trial is scheduled to start Thursday in federal court in Atlanta.
Thousands of federal workers in Minnesota could be furloughed Tuesday. That will happen if Congress can’t reach an agreement to fund the federal government by midnight Monday.
They’re lovin’ it — the “they,” in this case, being the travelers who demanded the return of McDonald’s to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. It may not sound like a big deal to some, but others say it’s been a super-sized issue.
It just got a little easier to fly non-stop from the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport to at least four cities. In the process, it got a little cheaper too. Officials with Spirit Airlines announced Monday they’re providing non-stop service to four more cities across America, starting in early November.
A foundation at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport is seeking men and women who can be “Minnesota Nice” while dealing with the occasional stress that comes along with the bustle of a busy airport.
A New Jersey woman widely known as “the tanning mom” was sent to a temporary detox facility after allegedly being intoxicated at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. Metropolitan Airports Commission spokesman Patrick Hogan says airport police were called to the Delta ticket counter Thursday because of an intoxicated woman. Hogan says Patricia Krentcil wasn’t arrested but was taken to a detox facility to sober up. He didn’t know if or when she had been released. She couldn’t be reached at her home number Saturday.
Authorities said all incoming traffic to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport is back on as normal Thursday, hours after a semi-truck hit a clearance bar and got stuck, forcing travelers to get diverted to a different part of the airport.
A federal indictment accuses a 22-year-old man of making bomb threats at the Mall of America and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. The indictment issued Tuesday charges Dana William Ashey with two counts of false information and hoaxes.