The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has fined a Wisconsin bar $7,000 for the death of an employee who died when her head got caught in a dumbwaiter. OSHA says WingDam Saloon and Grill in Fountain City failed to furnish a workplace free from recognized hazards that were likely to cause death to serious harm to employees.
Federal and state regulators have launched separate investigations into the death of a Winona State University gymnast who died while working at a restaurant in western Wisconsin. The body of 21-year-old Brooke Baures was found in a food elevator at WingDam Saloon and Grill in Fountain City Monday night.
An Occupational Safety and Health Administration inspector is trying to determine whether any federal safety violations occurred at the Jennie-O turkey processing plant in Willmar where more than a dozen employees were sickened.
A St. Michael, Minn. contracting company has been fined by the state after a man died in a construction accident last September at the site of the new St. Paul Saints baseball stadium.
Minnesota Occupational Safety and Health is fining a company nearly $52,000 for alleged violations relating to the death of a demolition worker involved in the new St. Paul Saints ballpark.
A northern Minnesota man died Tuesday morning, officials say, after his jacket got caught in a large door at his work.
Federal regulators have issued 32 citations to a Minnesota-based food company involving the firm’s Atlanta facility. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration describes the 32 citations for Schwan’s Global Supply Chain Inc. as “serious safety and health violations.”
The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited a lumber and shingle manufacturer for safety violations that resulted in the death of a worker at its plant in Superior.
A 28-year-old contractor working on the expansion project at the grain elevator in Buffalo Lake fell to his death on Saturday morning, according to authorities.
After months of turmoil, state OSHA inspectors visited the Minnesota Security Hospital for the first time in over 20 years, reports Minnesota Public Radio.
New safety regulations will hopefully keep window washers who work on tall buildings in Minnesota safer.
The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has accused Jennie-O Turkey Store of 11 safety violations at its Barron plant in connection with an accident last July.
A 51-year-old siding contractor died Monday after being electrocuted while working on a home in Fridley, police said.
Thirty-nine-year-old Greg Watson of Minneapolis was killed Thursday after his safety cord got tangled in a hard-rock construction drill and pulled him into the spinning auger.
A Twin Cities man, who fell to his death while washing windows, is being remembered for how he lived his life.
A state Occupational Safety and Health Administration investigation has found no hazards at a Minnesota Power work site where a company employee was electrocuted last September.