The moose that wandered hundreds of miles south to a Sleepy Eye couples’ backyard in November died from a brain worm infection, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. A necropsy conducted at the University of Minnesota’s veterinary laboratory determined that there were lesions in the moose’s spinal cord and brain caused by a parasite.
With the hot, muggy days we are having, kids will be heading to the pools to cool off. It’s fun and good exercise, but even chlorinated pools have germs that can make you sick.
A popular Duluth water park plans to install new water purification equipment in hopes of preventing more cases of a parasitic disease.