The Iowa Court of Appeals has ordered a new trial for a Minnesota man who had been convicted of sexual abuse of a girl in Knoxville in 2012.
The lead prosecutor in St. Louis County says the Diocese of Duluth should have gone to police immediately after learning a priest was accused of sexually abusing a child. County Attorney Mark Rubin says the diocese waited 15 months before notifying authorities that the Rev. Cornelius Kelleher was accused of abusing a girl years ago.
A former priest, accused of molesting two children decades ago, has been suspended from teaching sex education for Wright County. The county board recently canceled their contract with 79-year-old Harry Walsh. Walsh was one of five priests named in an internal archdiocese memo about parishes with “some connection to a history of clergy sexual abuse.”
Former priest Tom Esch believes it was a courageous move for Archbishop John Nienstedt to apologize to parishioners at Our Lady of Grace church last weekend.
St. Paul police met with a top official from the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis as part of an ongoing criminal investigation into allegations of sexual abuse by Catholic clergy.
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis announced Tuesday an allegation of inappropriate touching has been brought against Archbishop John Nienstedt.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Winona has named 14 priests accused of sexually abusing minors. The southeastern Minnesota diocese filed the list in Ramsey County District Court on Monday.
Archbishop John Nienstedt addressed the sex abuse scandal involving priests in the St. Paul and Minneapolis Archdiocese at two mass services Sunday in Edina.
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is bracing parish priests and leaders for its upcoming disclosure of a list of clergy who have been credibly accused of sexually abusing minors.
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis says it’s prepared to release names of 30 priests accused of sexually abusing minors if it gets a court order. The names include 29 priests on a 2004 list of priests deemed to have been credibly accused of abuse, plus one who had a substantiated claim leveled against him later.
A Minnesota man who claims he was sexually abused by a priest from 1989 through 1992 sued the Twin Cities archdiocese, St. John’s Abbey and a center that treats clergy with psychological issues on Tuesday.
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis says it will release names of priests who have sexually abused children.
Dozens of members of the Catholic Church are calling for a change in local leadership. Nearly 100 people gathered outside the St. Paul Cathedral on Saturday, calling for Archbishop John Nienstedt’s resignation. They’re angry about past accusations of sexual abuse by clergy members that became public within the last few weeks. Eric Fought of the Catholic Coalition for Church Reform says he’s looking for renewed faith in church leadership.“It’s up to us as the laity to step forward and say ‘enough is enough,’” Fought said.
A video statement obtained exclusively by WCCO shows a Minnesota woman describing alleged abuse by a Catholic priest. Her case is part of a growing scandal accusing a cover-up by top officials of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
A national group of victims of sexual abuse by priests protested outside the headquarters of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis on Thursday. The demonstrators spoke out against the new panel the archdiocese has created, to investigate abuse allegations.
The head of a task force that will review issues related to clergy sexual misconduct in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is expected to announce more details about the group.
A former Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis employee is calling for a “comprehensive, external review” of priest files. Jennifer Haselberger released a statement Saturday asking Archbishop John Nienstedt to publicize a list of clergy who have engaged in acts of sexual misconduct, as well as those who could pose a threat to children. Haselberger worked at the archdiocese from 2008 to last April, when she resigned because of concerns about the way sexual abuse allegations were handled.
The top deputy at the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis resigned Thursday amid fresh criticism of how top church officials handled cases of priests accused of sexual abuse.
A Rochester man who alleges he was molested by a Boy Scout leader in the 1970s is suing the Scouts. It’s the third lawsuit involving the former scoutmaster, Richard Hokanson, since Minnesota temporarily lifted its statute of limitations for sexual abuse cases. He pleaded guilty in 1982 to molesting three Scouts in a troop sponsored by St. Pius X Church in Rochester.
The Bemidji School District is being sued over alleged sexual abuse of three elementary students by a former teacher.
A former student is suing a Faribault prep school in Rice County District Court alleging it allowed a teacher to continue to sexually exploit students.
A former AWA professional wrestler has been arrested and charged with allegedly sexually abusing a family member in Kandiyohi County, according Kandiyohi County authorities.
A bipartisan group of Minnesota lawmakers want to eliminate a statute of limitations on the ability to file civil claims related to allegations of child sexual abuse.
The story has been out there for months, in all its horrifying detail. But somehow those details make it all the more chilling.