A nine-year-old girl is in good condition at Regions Hospital after being rescued from an apartment fire in St. Paul on Monday morning. The fire began around 10:45 a.m. in an illegal basement bedroom at 343 Maple Street, where there were no escape windows or smoke alarms, according to the St. Paul Fire Department. Firefighters found Nevaeh Sellers in the basement near a burning mattress. She was breathing when she was brought out of the building.
With all of the snow and subzero temperatures this winter, several of you have wondered about how firefighters are able to use the hydrants when they need them. Jeff from Plymouth and Carol from Eagan asked: How does the water in a fire hydrant not freeze? Roger from St. Paul wanted to know: Whose responsibility is it to keep the fire hydrants clear?
It’s hard to believe, but Christmas is exactly one week away. With the holidays come plenty of Christmas lights and candles as well as extra use out of that chimney for winter fires. With all that comes an increased risk for fire hazards in your home.
A man fell off the edge of the bluffs on the St. Paul side of the Mississippi River Thursday afternoon, St. Paul Fire Department spokesman Steve Zaccard said.
One child is dead, two others are injured and another is missing after a hillside gave way Wednesday during a fourth grade field trip at a St. Paul park, according to Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard. In a press conference, authorities said that multiple crews continue to search the area for the missing child.
Firefighters say 53-year-old Don Pnewski was trapped in the fire that spread rapidly through the free standing garage.
Firefighters battled a basement fire in the St. Paul home of a 77-year-old woman Monday morning, authorities said.
St. Paul investigators say a 34-year-old fire victim apparently committed suicide.
A 34-year-old man is dead after a fire was intentionally set in a St. Paul apartment.
A mother and six kids escaped a fire at their home in St Paul during the night. And the fire marshal says there’s a lesson to be learned about space heaters and furniture.