MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 16-year-old Minneapolis boy is accused of being involved in three gang-related shootings and is believed to be involved in an unsolved murder, according to charges filed Friday in Hennepin County Court.
Patrick Carl Timberlake was charged with three felony counts of second-degree intentional murder in connection with a March 5 incident.
According to a criminal complaint, Minneapolis Police were called to the area of 24th Avenue North and Dupont Avenue North on March 5 on a series of drive-by shootings. In all three incidents, the gunman was believed to be firing from a black Crown Victoria.
In the first shooting, an adult female reported to police at about 5:30 p.m. on March 5 that she had been shot in the foot after a drive-by shooting in the area of 21st Avenue North and Lyndale Avenue, according to the complaint.
Less than two hours later, a man was shot in the neck in the area of Broadway Avenue West and Penn Avenue North. Later that night, multiple shots were fired in the area of 25th Avenue North and Dupont Avenue. Three people had been targeted inside a Chevy Suburban, but none was shot or injured in the drive-by shooting, according to the complaint.
Timberlake was later identified as the person who shot the woman in the foot and the man in the neck. He denied any involvement in the shootings and told police he had not been in a car at all that day.
Authorities also said they believe Timberlake may have been involved in the Sept. 19, 2011 shooting death of 16-year-old Juwon Osbourne. At the time, he was a member of the Stick Up Boys gang.
The case is still under investigation at this time.