I’m always on the hunt for hidden food gems throughout the Twin Cities.
Whether it’s a farmer’s market in the dead of winter or a roadside farm stand, I like to share my good finds. One such find is the University of Minnesota’s dairy salesroom.
I discovered this place a few years ago and spoiled myself with ice cream and cheese. I didn’t return until recently when I realized I’m working a mere six minutes from the salesroom and had to visit again.
Here are the details:
- The salesroom is open only on Wednesdays from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. and now includes the meat lab salesroom.
- Expect to find several varieties of ice cream (pints are $3.50), frozen yogurt, cheese and frozen meats that are made during classes and research projects.
- Also find honey, maple syrup, crackers, and yogurt (depending on availability).
- Show up early – they will sell out of popular, small batch products quickly.
- Bring cash or credit card.
- Don’t forget a cooler so the ice cream doesn’t melt!