MANKATO, Minn. (AP) — A man has been arrested after Mankato authorities say he falsely reported that he had received a bomb threat regarding the city’s marathon.

City spokeswoman Shelly Schulz says a 911 caller told the Nicollet County Sheriff’s office he had received an anonymous call saying four bombs had been placed on the Sunday race route.

READ MORE: Kaprizov Scores Twice, Wild Roll To 5-2 Win Against Devils

Schulz says authorities identified the caller and worked with his phone provider to determine that he never received any such threat.

The man was arrested Saturday on probable cause of terroristic threats, a felony.

The man he has not been formally charged.

READ MORE: Shawn Clement, 36, Charged In Connection With 100+ Catalytic Converter Thefts

The CEO of the race-management company says the marathon will continue as scheduled.

Schulz says explosive-detection dogs have walked the route and extra security will be employed.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

MORE NEWS: How Did Minnesota Get So Many Lakes?