Prosecutors To Seek 14-Year Prison Sentence

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A Minneapolis teenager has pleaded guilty to 11 counts of armed robbery and assault in connection to a crime spree in Minneapolis and Edina, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday.

During a pre-trial meeting Tuesday, Antonio Timberlake, 17, entered a straight plea of guilty to all 11 counts in four separate criminal complaints. A straight plea means there is no deal with prosecutors on prison time.

READ MORE: With Anti-Asian Hate On The Rise, School Program Focuses On Mental Health For AAPI Youth

“For the sake of the six robbery victims, and for the sake of the neighborhood, we are glad to have Mr. Timberlake’s guilty plea,” Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said. “Two of these victims suffered life-threatening stab wounds so he is a threat to public safety. We will be seeking at least 14 years in prison at the sentencing.”

The March 16 robbery spree began at the border of Minneapolis and Edina. A man got off the bus at 56th Street and Xerxes Avenue and started walking down the street.

“Timberlake and the 13-year-old got off the bus and assaulted him and stole some items, and the injuries they caused were life-threatening” Freeman said back in April 2014.

READ MORE: Next Weather: Warmer Tuesday, Rainy Wednesday

The victim was bleeding and having trouble breathing. He was taken to a hospital, where it was determined he had been hit in the head and stabbed in the neck, hitting an artery.

The incident that led to Timberlake’s arrest occurred at the Southdale Mall parking lot on March 30, 2014. Timberlake, 18-Year-old Navarr Ross and a 13-year-old robbed three juveniles, stealing a cell phone and a backpack. They fled to a neighborhood where police arrested all three.

Ross was convicted of two counts of aggravated robbery and was sentenced to 68 months in prison.

MORE NEWS: Man Found Stabbed To Death Inside Minneapolis Apartment

Timberlake’s sentencing date is set for March 2, 2015.