MINNEAPOLIS — A leader from Black Lives Matter Minneapolis addressed the media Tuesday afternoon to announce the re-commitment of protesters at the 4th Precinct after five protesters were shot late Monday night by three masked men.

A BLM spokeswoman says Minneapolis police did not take earlier threats from white supremacists seriously, and instead chose to use chemical irritants on citizen journalists and make disparaging comments to demonstrators.

“We have zero faith in police in our desire to keep this community safe,” the spokeswoman said.

Tuesday is the 10th-straight day of protests after the fatal shooting of 24-year-old Jamar Clark by a Minneapolis police officer. Protest leaders had announced the possible end of the 4th Precinct occupation on Monday, just hours before the shootings.

Demonstrators marched Tuesday afternoon from the 4th Precinct to City Hall downtown demand the release of videos of the shooting that are in the possession of the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

Photo Gallery: Black Lives Matter Marches To City Hall

Clark’s brother, Eddie Sutton, released a statement after Monday night’s shootings, calling for an end of the 4th Precinct occupation out of concern for the safety of protesters.

The spokeswoman says three masked men who had been hanging around the rally Monday had been asked by protesters to remove their masks and identify themselves.

As protesters were escorting them away, the men opened fire on them about a half block north of the 4th Precinct building.

Five of the protesters were injured and hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries. One of them was shot in the stomach and required surgery.

The Minneapolis Police Department announced Tuesday afternoon that two of the three suspects have been arrested.