MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Hennepin County Attorney’s Office says they have been granted more time to make a charging decision involving four men arrested in connection with the shooting of Minneapolis protesters Monday night.

County Attorney Mike Freeman says a Hennepin County District Court judge has given his office until Monday to formally charge the suspects, who will remain in jail.

READ MORE: Group Files Lawsuit Over Potential Ballot Question On Replacing Minneapolis Police Dept.
Joe Backman, Lance Scarsella & Nate Gustavvson (credit: Backman Family/Facebook/Submitted)

Joe Backman, Lance Scarsella & Nate Gustavvson (credit: Backman Family/Facebook/Submitted)

The four men in custody are Joseph Martin Backman, 27; Daniel Thomas Macey, 26; Allen Lawrence Scarsella, 23; and Nathan Wayne Gustavsson, 21.

Related: Shooting Victims Return To Protest, Memorial Concert Held

The men were arrested Tuesday and Wednesday after five people were shot near the 4th Precinct in north Minneapolis Monday.

People have been gathered outside the precinct building for about a week and a half in protest of the shooting of 24-year-old Jamar Clark by police. Clark’s funeral was held Wednesday in north Minneapolis.

READ MORE: The Do's And Don'ts As Air Quality Alert Casts Pall Over Minnesota

Related: Jamar Clark Shooting — 4 Things To Know

Police say five people were originally arrested in connection with the shootings, but one was released Tuesday afternoon. The department says they are not seeking any more suspects.

Leaders of the group Black Lives Matter Minneapolis say they will continue to demonstrate outside of the 4th Precinct building until investigators release videos of Clark’s shooting on Nov. 15.

Clark’s brother, Eddie Sutton, said Tuesday that his family would like the occupation of the 4th Precinct to end out of concern for the safety of the protesters.

Related: Rep. Ellison Calls For Protests To ‘Evolve Beyond Encampment’

MORE NEWS: Minnesota Weather: Air Quality Alert Extended Due To ‘Unprecedented’ Conditions

Freeman says his office will continue investigating the case throughout Thanksgiving weekend.