MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A threat made against St. Paul’s Central High School online Monday afternoon was found to be not credible, high school officials said.

According to Principal Mary Mackbee, the school became aware of the threat Monday afternoon when St. Paul Police notified the district’s Security and Emergency Management team.

READ MORE: Twin Cities Jazz Festival Returns In June

Police located the student involved and determined the threat was not credible.

In a letter to parents Tuesday, Mackbee said the school will follow discipline procedures outlined in their handbook.

She also asked parents to use this incident as a way to talk to their children about how messages on social media can have real-world consequences, including criminal charges.

READ MORE: Both Directions Of I-94 Closed Near Albany Following Fatal Crash, Serious Backup Collision

Central High School has been in the headlines lately after a teacher who was allegedly attacked by a 16-year-old student announced he planned to sue the school.

On December 4, Fon’Tae O’Bannon body slammed and choked Ekblad at Central High School. Ekblad had been attempting to break up a fight.

On Monday, the law firm Villaume & Shiek, P.A. said they have been retained by Ekblad to “commence civil litigation against the St. Paul Public Schools for negligence in failing to provide him a workplace free of assaultive behavior and violence in general.”

MORE NEWS: COVID In Minnesota: Nearly 1,000 New Cases, 15 More Deaths Reported Ahead Of Expected Teen Vaccine Expansion

Ekblad was hospitalized as a result of the incident. He suffered brain damage and a concussion.