By Jennifer Mayerle

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A pop concert attended by mostly teenage girls appears to be the latest target for terrorists.

At least 19 people are dead and dozens more injured in Manchester, England. An explosion rocked the crowd leaving an Ariana Grande concert.

READ MORE: Mpls City Attorney Halts Talks With Human Rights Department Until Allegations Of Police Spying On Black Leaders Can Be Verified

Sources tell CBS News the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber.

A terrifying night for thousands in Manchester and families are still waiting for word about loved ones.

A law enforcement source told CBS News two explosions contained nails. Some of the injured suffered shrapnel wounds.

Cellphone video captured the chaotic moments as concertgoers ran out of Manchester Arena.

Early information points to explosions outside the arena. One girl shared what she witnessed.

“There were people shouting to their kids, there were people shouting…trying to find people and as we went out onto the concourse to get out of the arenas, there were bodies scattered about everywhere,” Kiera Dawber said.

READ MORE: Man Who Escaped From Northern Minnesota Corrections Facility Back In Custody

The arena holds up to 21,000 people. The Ariana Grande concert had just ended.

Emergency crews and bomb disposal teams rushed to the scene as thousands fled the blast.

“You could just see that they were just passed away. There were some people with injuries. There were a few, like — there was a guy, there was a husband there holding, like, what looked like his wife and she wasn’t in a good state,” Dawber said.

Greater Manchester Police carried out a precautionary controlled explosion nearby, but later confirmed it was abandoned clothing.

Police continue working the scene and people are still being asked to avoid the area.

The Department of Homeland Security says there is no evidence of credible threats against music venues here in the U.S.

MORE NEWS: Next Weather: Chilly, Cloudy Saturday With Light Showers

Ariana Grande tweeted about the incident Monday night.

Jennifer Mayerle