ALEXANDRIA, Minn. (AP) — Investigators say they’ve determined a residential fire in Alexandria that killed two people was caused by careless smoking.

The state fire marshal and Alexandria police and fire officials say the fire started in the living room area of the mobile home, near a couch and recliner. Forty-nine-year-old James Chandler and 59-year-old Rose Couillard died in the fire last Friday. The deaths have been ruled accidental.

The Midwest Medical Examiner’s report says both died of smoke inhalation.

The home had no working smoke detectors.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.