MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minnesota Wild are set to play Tuesday night after two weeks without a game due to COVID-19.
The Wild last played Feb. 2 against the Colorado Avalanche, losing 2-1. They’re slated to take on the Los Angeles Kings at 9 p.m. Tuesday.READ MORE: Appeals Court: Judge Erred In Not Reinstating 3rd-Degree Murder Charge Against Derek Chauvin
Six wild games were postponed after a rash of players were placed on the NHL’s COVID protocol list in early February. As of Monday, these Wild players were still in the COVID protocol: Brad Hunt, Carson Soucy, Jonas Brodin, Cam Talbot and Victor Rask. At one point, the Wild had 13 players on the COVID list.READ MORE: HealthPartners Now Offering Drive-Up COVID-19 Vaccinations
Also Tuesday, the NHL announced rescheduled dates for the Wild’s postponed games:MORE NEWS: COVID-19 In MN: 1 Year Since 1st Case Detected In MN, Total Cases Approaching 490,000
- Minnesota at San Jose, originally scheduled for April 23, is now scheduled for Monday, Feb. 22 at 9:30 p.m.
- Minnesota at Colorado, originally scheduled for Feb. 4, is now scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 24 at 8 p.m.
- Arizona at Minnesota, originally scheduled for Feb. 6, is now scheduled for Tuesday, March 16 at 7 p.m.
- St. Louis at Minnesota, originally scheduled for Feb. 11, is now scheduled for Thursday, March 25 at 7 p.m.
- Minnesota at St. Louis, originally scheduled for April 11, is now scheduled for Saturday, April 10 at 7 p.m.
- St. Louis at Minnesota, originally scheduled for Feb. 9, is now scheduled for Monday, April 12 at 7 p.m.
- Arizona at Minnesota, originally scheduled for Feb. 7, is now scheduled for Wednesday, April 14 at 8 p.m.
- Minnesota at Los Angeles, originally scheduled for Feb. 13, is now scheduled for Friday, April 23 at 9 p.m.
The Wild are 6-5 this season. Only the New Jersey Devils, who also had a long break caused by COVID, have played fewer games.
More On WCCO.com:
- MDH Tracking 14 COVID ‘Vaccine Breakthrough Cases’; All Had Mild Or No Symptoms
- ‘Get Out Of The Car!’: Northern Minnesota Woman ‘Angry’ After Being Carjacked Outside Mpls. Senior Center
- Charges: Man Stole Unemployment Insurance Benefits While Receiving PPP Loan
- ‘They Both Just Lived For Family’: Best Friends Die Days Apart From COVID