MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Cinnamon Toast Crunch, owned by Minnesota-based General Mills, is responding after a viral post that claimed shrimp tails were found in a box of their cereal.
On Tuesday, Cinnamon Toast Crunch tweeted a statement, saying the matter is being investigated but “we can say with confidence that this did not occur at our facility.”
— Cinnamon Toast Crunch (@CTCSquares) March 23, 2021
Writer and producer Jensen Karp on Monday claimed he found what appear to be shrimp tails in the cereal, which he bought from Costco. The post has since gone viral.
— Jensen Karp (@JensenKarp) March 22, 2021
Karp accused the company of gaslighting him when they initially replied that it appears to be an accumulation of cinnamon sugar. At last check, he was going to a testing lab.
More On WCCO.com:
- WCCO Full Coverage: Derek Chauvin Trial
- More Than 60 People Arrested Following Third Night Of Protests Over Daunte Wright’s Killing
- Officer Kim Potter, Police Chief Resign; Potter Faces Possible Criminal Charges
- Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming Your Way?
- Daunte Wright Killing: How Does An Officer Confuse Their Gun For A Taser?