MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A man was taken to the hospital Thursday night after a stove caught fire in a south Minneapolis apartment building.
The Minneapolis Fire Department responded to the 2800 block of Pleasant Avenue South around 5:20 p.m.
Firefighters entered an apartment on the third floor, where they found a stove ablaze and an unconscious man with visible burns. They were able to extinguish the fire and get the man out of the building and transported to a nearby hospital.
The apartment is uninhabitable, the department said, and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
More On WCCO.com:
- WCCO Full Coverage: Derek Chauvin Trial
- More Than 60 People Arrested Following Third Night Of Protests Over Daunte Wright’s Killing
- Officer Kim Potter, Police Chief Resign; Potter Faces Possible Criminal Charges
- Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming Your Way?
- Daunte Wright Killing: How Does An Officer Confuse Their Gun For A Taser?