Orphaned Cougar Cubs Brought To Minnesota SanctuaryTwo cougar cubs orphaned in Washington are now living in Minnesota at the Wildcat Sanctuary.
Blaze Pink Hunting Gear Approved By Wis. CommitteeA bill that would legalize blaze pink hunting gear has cleared its first legislative hurdle.
Duluth Firefighters Battle Apartment Building FireAuthorities say residents were safely evacuated from a burning apartment building in Duluth. Firefighters were on the scene of the fire for about three hours Tuesday night.
Windy, Dry Conditions Challenge Firefighters For 2nd DayHigh winds and dry conditions made for a challenging past couple days for Minnesota firefighters. The Isanti Fire District says crews battled blazes in Bradford and Athens townships in Isanti County Thursday.
Hugo Family Escapes Massive House FireA Hugo family and their pets escaped to safety after their house went up in flames early Saturday morning. Crews arrived to the fire at about 1 a.m. on Eathan Avenue North, where they found flames shooting from the back of the home. The home collapsed from the blaze, which is believed to have started as an electrical fire.
Dozens Of Firefighters Battle Manufacturing BlazeDozens of firefighters from six agencies battled a blaze at a manufacturer in Crow Wing County. Fire officials say an early concern about the fire at Cross-Tech Manufacturing were propane tanks and other chemicals used in production of hydraulic rotary brush cutters. Firefighters from Crosslake, Fifty Lakes, Mission, Ideal and Pequot Lakes fought the fire
Crews Battle Fire At Glencoe Monster Truck CompanyA massive fire broke out at a Glencoe business early Monday evening. According to the McLeod County Sheriff’s office, the fire was first reported at 5:25 p.m. at a truck accessory company called Sidco 4x4 at 2810 9th St. E. Nine fire departments responded to the scene to battle the blaze, including those of Glencoe and Plato. Several ambulances also responded, but Plato Fire Chief Jay Wood says no one was hurt.
Arsonist Attacks St. Paul Bar AgainA St. Paul bar was set on fire, and it was all caught on camera. On Jan. 10, someone intentionally started the Mounds Park Lounge on fire, which caused extensive damage inside the building. Owner Bill Spiess hopes the public recognizes the person captured in the surveillance video and alerts authorities. "It's devastating, it really is," Spiess said.
Oil Train Derailment Causes Massive Explosion In NDAuthorities are evacuating part of a North Dakota town near the scene of a fiery oil train derailment. Cass County Sheriff's Sgt. Tara Morris says as many as 300 Casselton residents may be evacuated. Morris says there's no immediate danger. It's a precaution in case winds change as some derailed cars continue to burn. Investigators couldn't get close to the blaze and estimates of how many cars caught fire varied.
Surprise Fire Threat? Clogged Chimneys It's a winter household hazard that can be tough for the eye to see, and if you miss it, it can be costly or even deadly. Now's the time to prevent it. Clogged chimneys can cause fires this time of year. A family in Hudson, Wis., had one just last night, as build-up in the chimney was the impetus. Luckily, as smoke poured into the room, they got out.
Fire Damages Dinkytown Apartments, Coffee ShopA fire ripped through a second-floor apartment above a popular coffee shop in Minneapolis’ Dinkytown neighborhood Friday afternoon. The Minneapolis Fire Department says it started in an apartment above Espresso Royale on 411 14th Street Southeast, near the University of Minnesota’s East Bank campus, sometime around 12:30 p.m. “I was lying in my bed when I saw smoke come out,” said Phoebe Gulling, a University of Minnesota student. “I looked outside and saw fire coming out of the building.”
Wis. Volunteer Fire Hall, Fire Trucks DestroyedThe fire hall that served as a command center during a massive forest fire in northwestern Wisconsin has been destroyed in a blaze that also burned six fire trucks. Town of Gordon Fire Chief Mike Chmielecki says the fire hall is a total loss. Chmielecki says there were several explosions inside the hall as it burned Thursday, which he says likely came from the truck equipment. No one was injured in the fire. WDIO-TV reports five agencies worked to extinguish the fire which also destroyed the volunteer firefighters' gear.
Fire Officials Still Determining Cause Of Mpls. House ExplosionFire officials said they're still uncertain what caused the Tuesday afternoon explosion in a Lyn-Lake home that shook the neighborhood. No one was hurt in the blaze. The Minneapolis Arson Unit said the fire originated in the living room in the center of the second unit on the first floor of the four-plex. However, the cause of the fire is "undetermined."
Cottage Grove Fire Displaces FamilyThe Red Cross is helping a family in Cottage Grove Saturday morning after fire ripped through a home. The blaze took place at midnight in the 6600 block of Ideal Avenue South.
Police: Owner Sent To The Hospital After WI Supper Club Fire The owner of Coachman Supper Club in Baldwin, Wis., is in the hospital with smoke inhalation-related injuries after a fire was reported at his business, according to authorities. Authorities are investigating why the supper club at 795 Energy Street was on fire around 11:53 p.m. on Tuesday.