The Good Life For Less: Veterans Day Deals 2010
Veterans Day is the time for all active and former military members to be honored and there are plenty of discounts and deals for those who have served this country.
Here are some guidelines for the deals: All deals are good on Thursday, Nov. 11th only, unless specified otherwise. You will want to call ahead and see if the location near you is participating. Most deals want you to show a military ID to get the offer.
• Applebee’s – Free entrée for veterans and those on active duty (from Veterans Day menu).
• Outback – Free Blooming Onion and non-alcoholic beverage for vets.
• TGI Fridays – Buy one entrée and get one free (Nov. 11- Nov. 14)
• Hy-Vee – Offering free breakfast from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. at all stores with in-store dining (locations in southern Minnesota and Iowa).
• Chili’s – Vets eat free (from Veteran’s Day menu).
• Little Caesars – Free order of crazy bread for vets ( no coupon or purchase required).
• 5-8 Club (Champlin, Maplewood and Minneapolis) – Free Juicy Lucy for vets.
• Sam’s Club – The Hugo Company is giving away 36,000 free folding canes at Sam’s Clubs while supplies last ( Nov. 10- Nov. 12)
• Sears – Not only do veterans get an extra 10 % off purchases (Nov. 11 – Nov. 12), but police firefighters, teachers and hospital workers do too.
• Home Depot – 10 percent discount year round for all active duty, National Guard and Reserve, retirees and disabled service members and their immediate families, up to a $500 maximum. All other vets get 10 percent discount on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veteran’s Day.
• Lowes – A year-round 10 percent discount for all active duty, National Guard and Reserve, retirees and disabled service members and their immediate families.
• Sports Clips Haircuts – Free haircut to active military and veterans at participating locations.
• Foot Locker – 20 percent discount year round, plus a $25 Gift Card when you create an account.
You can also stop by any national park for free admission on Veterans Day.
For a list of other great deals and events in the state, click here to go to the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs.
These deals are just a small way to say a big thank you to all the military personnel who have served this country. We salute you all!
- Alison Lorge is a WCCO web producer and blogger with a love of finding deals. If you spot a deal you want to share, post it in the comments section.