Man Get 9 Year Sentence For Murder In Mass Overdose
Get Breaking News First
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 22-year-old Blaine man received a 9-year prison sentence Tuesday in connection with a mass overdose that left one man dead last year, the Anoka County Attorney’s Office said.
Timothy Richard Lamere pleaded guilty in March to third-degree murder in the death of 19-year-old Trevor Robinson-Davis.
The mass overdose happened on March, 17, 2011. Police arrived at a Blaine home to find several young people, who were previously partying, in immediate need of medical attention, the attorney’s office said.
Crews took Robinson to Unity Hospital, but he died 12 hours later. The others survived.
Lamere said he bought the drug, 2C-E, on the Internet and brought it to the party to give to others.
Witnesses told police that Lamere had provided the synthetic drug to anyone who wanted it.
On Tuesday, Lamere received credit for having served 441 days in jail. But he must pay a $1,000 fine and pay $1,765 in restitution to Robinson’s mother.