Man Fatally Stabbed In St. Paul ID’d, Suspect In Custody
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Police have identified the man who was fatally stabbed early Wednesday morning in St. Paul near the intersection of North Rice Street and Aurora Avenue West as 25-year-old Desmond Deshawn Harper.
And Tim Davin Dortch, 38, of St. Paul, has been taken into custody on suspicion of murder, authorities say.
St. Paul police officers were called to the intersection just after 1 a.m. Wednesday on a report of two people fighting. When police arrived, authorities found Harper, who died at the scene, and two other men.
Harper’s death is not believed to be random, police said. In the hours since the incident, investigators have determined that it may have been the result of a brief verbal spat that began on Metro Transit bus route 16.
Police say the interaction between Harper and Dortch escalated once they got off the bus at Rice and Aurora.