MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Multiple homes in Eau Claire were evacuated on Friday afternoon after a wildland fire on the city’s north side.
The Eau Claire Fire Department was dispatched to the 3600 block of Seymour Road, near the Terrace Hill mobile home park, around 4:40 p.m.
First responders found a rapidly-spreading fire the size of a football field in a wooded area.
After 45 minutes, the fire was under control, but crews remained on the scene for an additional four hours, extinguishing remaining hot spots.
No one was injured as a result of the fire, and no structures were damaged. Residents were allowed to return to their homes.
The majority of Wisconsin is under very high fire danger due to dry conditions and high winds.
More On WCCO.com:
- WCCO Full Coverage: Derek Chauvin Trial
- More Than 60 People Arrested Following Third Night Of Protests Over Daunte Wright’s Killing
- Officer Kim Potter, Police Chief Resign; Potter Faces Possible Criminal Charges
- Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming Your Way?
- Daunte Wright Killing: How Does An Officer Confuse Their Gun For A Taser?